• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

atmospheric heating

towerdog

one-niner-seven
Nov 18, 2009
NC
Why do I always hear the black gentlemen on channel 6 when conditions seem dead on every other channel. For 4 years I have been running CB radios and hardly a day goes by that he aint there, talking to himself in mostly gibberish or bragging bout his amplifier.

How come 10 meters is dead when 11 is rocking?

Could all this power they are running somehow ionize or help ionize the F2 layer, over time creating or helping to create their own conditions for propagation?

Cannel 6? Huh, all this time I thought they were out in the parking lot about to get into a fight.

But not quite sure what your talking about 11 is rocking. Not here it isn't. I think that is because I am on the 45th parallel, half way to the north pole, and the angle of the sunlight hitting my patch of the D layer just bounces off into space.

Why do I always hear the black gentlemen on channel 6 when conditions seem dead on every other channel. For 4 years I have been running CB radios and hardly a day goes by that he aint there, talking to himself in mostly gibberish or bragging bout his amplifier.

Could all this power they are running somehow ionize or help ionize the F2 layer, over time creating or helping to create their own conditions for propagation?

Mostly because a lot of people on ch 6 run absolutely insane amounts of power, ten's of kilowatts in some cases. When the band is nearly dead and little legal or even 1 Kw stations cannot be heard the big stations can still make it through.That's why you hear them and no one else.

As for 10m being dead and 11m open the MUF (Maximum Useable Frequency) may be higher than 27.0 MHz but lower than 28.0 MHz. The is a fine line between what will reflect off the ionosphere and what will not.

Maximum usable frequency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: 1 person
I knew one guy who actually ran so much power and just crap as far as setup his signal was almost 100khz wide. Big no name shiny metal boxes. Anyways..he ended up with water blisters on his back...usually after running his mobile station for a couple days. He would chill out and not run it and they would go away. True story. Guess he was cooking himself with maul watts on da bowl.

"Black Gentlemen"???? The way everyone behaves on channel 6 that term is incorrect.......it is one continuous CB stomp on your face cage match. The one deepest is debt wins most of the time. :laugh:
There are white guys on the channel also.

Yep..white guys are on there too. You don't have to be black..just repeat yourself a lot and fake laugh for no reason a lot into the mic...example..

Yeah......(pause) yeah... I heard that mr. Two two six I did (fake laugh) worldwide duckplucka on this end and we just got down bye buh bye bye bye bye.

(Lots of hetrodyne)

Alright well when you key down it wipe out da town... old mista key on a duck and I'll see ya byeeeee!

Do that..run a lot of power and you'll fit right in. Just make sure you do the fake laugh thing too. If you're more into the hillbilly sound..then do the same thing but drop the fake laugh and the buh buh bye thing. Add some high pitched echo and go to channel 28.

I always say the best way to listen to channel 6 is on ch7&5

Sent from my homebrew wooden jungle box using morse code.

Why not just blame it on Harrp
everytime it transmits it pushes the atmosphere into space creating what you might think would look like a dome
then the atmosphere under the dome would fill in and cause the jet stream to ver off normal coarse
and everyone wonders why we are having such weird weather

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.