• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

awi on 2 radio

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
hello to all
my issue is with a cobra 29 ltd classic and a trc-427 barefoot radio works fine no light comes on but when i turn on my solid-state 2 pill base amp the antenna warning light comes on ?? no bad jumpers when i use my 148 or 2000 no issues with the amp on only with those 2 radios. i disconnect the antenna wire and connected my dummy load the ant light still comes on any advice, amp is still in factory original condition

hello to all
my issue is with a cobra 29 ltd classic and a trc-427 barefoot radio works fine no light comes on but when i turn on my solid-state 2 pill base amp the antenna warning light comes on ?? no bad jumpers when i use my 148 or 2000 no issues with the amp on only with those 2 radios. i disconnect the antenna wire and connected my dummy load the ant light still comes on any advice, amp is still in factory original condition
What kind of amp is it? I guess texas star. Either way, amp input may need to be tuned better. You could try a different jumper length, it wont fix the problem per say but it might fool the radio into thinking everything is good

it's a solid-state 2 pill base amp

What kind of amp is it? I guess texas star. Either way, amp input may need to be tuned better. You could try a different jumper length, it wont fix the problem per say but it might fool the radio into thinking everything is good

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated