• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

B2500A

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Ever seen one of these I thought I had the only one but I guess there out there I had asked around about these and nobody new what I was talking about well here it is I found pics its exactly the same as the one I have here. I was trying to explain this to LInearone on the phone well Greg this is what I was talking about redoing.

!B,7bQ3!Bmk~$(KGrHqIH-CgEqtR5PRUwBKtosjrYmw~~_12.JPG

!B,7bYRgBGk~$(KGrHqUH-DsEqvH0vqjGBKtos14pmw~~_12.JPG

I just found this one and I couldnt believe it I have one here that needs repair so Im gonna send it to Linearone and have it straightened out. I was trying to explain this and couldnt so I was going to dig mine out and snap some pictures but now I dont have to LOL.

Ill tell you what if you look at how big the fan is on the back you will will have to agree THATS SOME COOLING RIGHT THERE! Ive had mine for a long time aswell I sold it then got it back on a trade deal. Do you remember what transistors were in yours? I think these were the nicest looking things they look kind of professional grade.

Yes I agree VERY C(y)(y)L!!

They are built like a brick house. I never had any paperwork with it; that is why I wanted to see some info myself. They are VERY HEAVY and sounded loud and clear. I ran mine with a Pres Washington/5 pin and a single quad. No problem with DX QSO's whatsoever...

heavy is right I know shipping this one out for rebulld is going to be a real treat. they went big with a few things in this tank :w00t:

Its old they all had claims like that unfortunately these competition builders of today still pull this BS and claim these results.

I cant remember what the hell mine did its been so long

I know this is a VERY old thread here., but just as an "FYI to anyone reading this., I just finished doing some MAJOR repair work on one of those B2500A amplifiers (for a customer in Cape Cod) which had been TOTALLY "cobbled-up" by one of those so-called / wanna-be "tech" guys, and purchased off-of e-bay :(

But to do such an in-depth repair job (correctly, that is.!) I had to first take the time to hand-draw / reverse-engineer a complete schematic of the RF board (no one should need a schematic for the simplistic power-supply), and then by way of using "TinyCAD" (a GREAT little open-source, share-ware program) transformed it into a nice & clean looking / laid-out 2-part schematic.! :)

If anyone would like them, or have any questions about the amp, feel free to ask...

Regards,
Eric Klein
Klein Communications
https://www.facebook.com/radioman55

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Hey Eric!
I may check with you about that schematic. I have one of these coming in for some work
Saturday Nov 12, 2021. Thanks for posting.

We message a few times on ebay a few years ago.
You sent me a link on web of you on your Knuckehead. I know thats a bit of a sore subject but maybe you found another one since then?
Check out Matt at Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, SC. I used to work for his dad Dale when museum was located in So ILL.

Best wishes Eric!
Rick H.
Mt Vernon IL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?