• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Back after 30 years.

gasbag

Mar 9, 2012
Mars
Old time CBer here. Johnson Messenger, Realistic Navaho, Knight Kit 22, all gone now.
My daughter purchased a house with what looks like a PDL-2 on a 40' tower with the rotor motor.
No cables etc. She want's it down.

So I'm thinking of DXing again. I haven't thought DX in,, well many years. Spoke everywhere with the Navajo and a 3 element Yagi.
Home brew dipole for the knight kit and Johnson as a kid. even had 100mW Walkie Talkies! Blue knight kits on channel 7.

Please post a few links and drop some info on good quality ( not boutique expensive) base units.
What actually is "Export"? What are the advantages to an export?

Thanks

welcome to the forum,..... and back to radio in general.

theres been a LOT of water under the cb bridge in 30 years:eek:

300-500 watts used to be a lot of power:whistle:

Yep, so I hear. I ebay'd and Craigs listed and found mobiles w big linears.
I remember a friend had an older Browning with a matching Linear. I think it put out around 50 watts. He was king of the air.

It's Great to see an old operator get back into the game. A lot has changed since you left. They have a 10/11/12 meter radios with AM/FM/USB and LSB. With a Frequency range from 24-32mhz. Google RCI-2950dx. Oh yae even radios with an Echo Board and Talkback so you can really hear yourself talk.

73's n Have a Great Day.

Export radios are non certified 10 meter ham radios that put out more than the 4 watt limit the FCC established. The reason being is most people like more watts, and since the FCC won't allow a true CB to do more than 4 watts out of the box, some companies began making 10 meter radios that you have to have converted to 11 meter (CB) as the FCC will allow more than 4 watts if it's a ham radio. The thing is most 10 meter export radios aren't even true ham rigs, for example CB is channelized, ham is not channelized....but most of the 10 meter exports are channelized. Also a majority of 10 meter exports don't have sideband, which is what part of 10 meter runs on. You see where this is going, though I know I said a mouthful. So what radio is right for you? only you can decide. my last CB base rig was a Uniden Washington. I wished I still had it, it was a great radio. It was a legal CB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.