• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

back on the astroplane

The dimensions do change but only the boxed lefthand side. the radiation pattern or the lower center info does not change. Its neat but I'd need it to change all info like a midget eznec

Reactions: Marconi
i found a file that has a ap drawn in it. someone had sent it to me. might have been you. cant remember. ive played with it a little trying to familiarize myself with the program. can i sent it to you to look at?

i found a file that has a ap drawn in it. someone had sent it to me. might have been you. cant remember. ive played with it a little trying to familiarize myself with the program. can i sent it to you to look at?

How was it sent to you?

That 47" skirt ain't worth nothin. I took off the skirt. Took off the top element. Added a horz element at the bottom of the driven element. It tuned well enough but wasnt too pleased with reception. So put it back to spec except skirt has 2 loops now. Tunes flat for 11 meter and 80 meter bands.

That 47" skirt ain't worth nothin. I took off the skirt. Took off the top element. Added a horz element at the bottom of the driven element. It tuned well enough but wasnt too pleased with reception. So put it back to spec except skirt has 2 loops now. Tunes flat for 11 meter and 80 meter bands.

I don't understand exactly what you did, but I'm anxious to hear 2 loops are better than one.

Flat on 80 meters too? Is that a typo?

I would like to see pictures of what you did, so I could model such an idea.

I don't understand exactly what you did, but I'm anxious to hear 2 loops are better than one.

Flat on 80 meters too? Is that a typo?

I would like to see pictures of what you did, so I could model such an idea.

Attachments

• 20220610_201503.jpg
    20220610_201503.jpg
    806.5 KB · Views: 15
So basically theres just 2 - 30" loops sitting on top of each other so I could adjust the skirt diameter. It shouldnt matter much except that it doubled the surface area. Electrically it prob didnt do much. I'm adding another layer tomorrow just to see

ok, im trying to balance the antenna between 11 meter and 80. i have both ends tuned somewhat useable. ill have to tinker some more but i believe it will be able to be done. i know that on 80 i am able to raise my rx signal quite a bit switching over to the astroplane compared to the longwire i usually use and the .64 groundplane. i have seen it tune very well low 2mhz as well on the nova vna. it just got too damn hot for that mess outside today. after i get it stable ill measure it out. its similar to the astroplane measurements, but a little different. once i get it running ill try it on 80 meters and see if i can get a contact going

Reactions: Marconi
it only acted as a match. sorta. hell i dunno, but it did of course change the analyzer but wasnt all that.
I was guessing you might tell me it was PVC, and used as a brace against the wind for the radial loop.

I doubled the diameter size of the loop from 0.375" to 0.75" on one of my A/P models, and it added 25 ohms of inductance and the resistance went up a bit too. The model had a match that was near perfect, showing less than 0.05 ohm of reactance to start.

Last edited:
I was guessing you might tell me it was PVC, and used as a brace against the wind for the radial loop.

I doubled the diameter size of the loop from 0.375" to 0.75" on one of my A/P models, and it added 25 ohms of inductance and the resistance went up a bit too. The model had a match that was near perfect, showing less than 0.05 ohm of reactance to start.
ium sorry, yes it is a brace. i had used a clip on horz piece to try and use as a matcher. i didnt even think about the pvc. sorry

I haven't tried adding the horizontal element in metal and a I don't think PVC will matter if used instead.

Please remember to try and include the wire diameters in inches, when you give me dimensions.

Wire diameters are very important in most case with modeling, and for sure when the wire is part or close to the matching network.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.