• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bad squeal in work truck

rattler

Jun 7, 2007
Frisco, TX
Wanted to try another one of my radios in the 2012 Pete today. Put in a connex 3300hp. Key up and it has very awful feedback. My magnums or Stryker never done this. I have to put mic gain on connex down to like 9 o'clock for it to go away. I've had connex in my car same speaker same mic maxed mic gain and no feedback in car. Help

Wanted to try another one of my radios in the 2012 Pete today. Put in a connex 3300hp. Key up and it has very awful feedback. My magnums or Stryker never done this. I have to put mic gain on connex down to like 9 o'clock for it to go away. I've had connex in my car same speaker same mic maxed mic gain and no feedback in car. Help

Turn the talkback off.

radio and speaker location will make a difference. swr will make a difference. how close the external speaker is to the mic plus the way you have the speaker wire routed. there is so many variables that can effect each installation. some people will wad the speaker wire up and it will pick up rf when it is in the right location wadded up. my brother-in-law wants to wad it up and put it right next to the coax and when he does on some trucks it creates feed back he has to move it around and get it away from the coax at times. he has to change trucks about every run.

I use the tb. Tb is on when I have it in car and no problem.

Then turn the talkback volume down a little, and place the speaker as far from the radio as you can. Maybe even turn it so it does not face the mic when you talk.

more than likely you have the radio and speaker down low in the car and in the truck it is up at eye level or higher and the speaker is closer to the mic in the truck. as 9c1driver said move things around and see what happens.

Also check to make sure the antenna connector on the radio is tight. I had a 3300HP that squealed, and simply tightening the nut on the radio's coax connector fixed it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.