• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Banjos on 28 AM location?

This is precisely why I am not a fan of most people on AM CB and especialy not the people that "builders" cater too. That lot tends to be small minded ignorant people with more money than brains and lot of hate! No time for that sort of nonsense or that sort of person. Life is too short. CB did not used to be so full of trashy people and vulgar people but sadly today it tends to attract a lot of bottom feeders. People will not speak the truth anymore but I am 49 years old and just do not care about woke, sjw, feeling over facts, intersection anything and definitely not pronouns and identity politics. I do not care if someone is a bit rough around the edges but you have to be "good people"!

If you are interfering with another persons ability to communicate because you are running too much power, dirty radio, dirty amp that makes you not a good person. It is no different than if you walk into a church during mass and scream over the preacher or played a radio etc......People want to be able to listen and talk. To do these things on purpose is as un-American as one can get. Sure it is not pedophile evil or voter fraud evil but it is still not what a good person does!
CB has ALWAYS been full of trashy, vulgar people and bottom feeders. If it wasn't that way in the area where you came up .... then you can take pride in telling your grandchildren that yours was the only such place .... and I got in in 1976

CB has ALWAYS been full of trashy, vulgar people and bottom feeders. If it wasn't that way in the area where you came up .... then you can take pride in telling your grandchildren that yours was the only such place .... and I got in in 1976

It only takes one or 2 idiots, and it used to be mostly if not particularly on AM. I started with AM 23 channel in 1975-6. When I got out of the Military in 77, my soon to be father in law introduced me to SSB, and uppers and it was a different world...back then.

Reactions: Rwb and NZ8N
It's in all the band's and its not limited to cb. You can go search FCC enforcement actions and find lots of misfits that have stood head and shoulders above the crowd in other services as well.
There are well known nuts on bands if you want to go find them on 80 meters up to the cb band, two meters and beyond. I stay away from those certain frequencies unless I am looking for entertainment.

Jeff

look at tv,yes tv. and there are same people walking amongst us. they are people whither we like them or not too. cant say much cause i prolly irritate some as bad as some irritate me n im sure every 1 of us do that . some have no clue they do that.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
Its sad, but some of the most obnoxious on the regular 40 have their ticket.
Break break for a degenerate Ham lol Don't you know they're allowed to treat the CB band like garbage.... they're better! Hehehe
I've been licensed for 24 years I think myself....I'm just a dang old pirate.
I love it all!
'73 Panic Attack!!

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb
If you lived around where they are coming from you would despise this crap
Back in the late 90's there was a guy that would get drunk and key and play music and cuss everyone in my area. He had a Cobra 2000 and a MaCo 750.
After we heard him snoring in the mic "some ppl" drove to his house in a 4x4 F250 and cut his CoAx (which had been done before, mind you)
This time was different......we tied it off onto the bumper and eased off slowly pulling his equipment out his window, he never woke up!!! After it all crashed to the ground "those ppl" punched it out of there and we never heard him again.
That's how it used to be done 'round here! He's not the only one we shut down! There was two more but this was the most dramatic.
We had a great group of CBers, many old some young. Non of us let nonsense take over. We all had big stations and covered 200 mile range around our antennas. We were all running KW plus with beam antennas 100 plus feet in the air. Our group covered North Mississippi, Southern Missouri, West Kentucky, Southern Indiana, Illinois, and Deep into Arkansas.
I forgot to list Tennessee!
We held it down...period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wire Weasel and Rwb
Where have I heard this story before ?

We're is @kopcicle ?

Jeff
If Kopcicle has a similar experience we would get along great!

I've seen many come and go and lost some great ones along the ride.

Nothing holds a true operator down and true operators hold it down for the benefit of everyone!

'73 Panic Attack

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb
My experience was a little different.
The 3 guys that tried to pull the tower down got shot at. They decided to shoot back. Sheriff showed up and 3 arrests were made.
Trespassing , brandishing a fire arm, unlawful discharge of a firearm in the city limits, and a few other violations.

One guy spent 12 weeks in jail, the driver of the pickup was ordered to pay restitution for the private property they destroyed and
Judge Hooks as we fondly called him did not give one shit about CB interference problems, he slapped them all real hard.
And the " problem guy" had his station back on the air the next day.....

But they sure showed him.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated