• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Baofeng UV-5R ques

Email I got after ordering.

Dear Costumers: Thank you for buying our products. Now we have a amazing new product: 7.4V 3600mAH Li-ion Battery For BAOFENG UV-5R UV5R Double Capacity NEW ARRIVAL! This product is a Li-ion Battery,voltage is 7.4v. It is really fit for BAOFENG UV-5R. With this new battery,the handshape is more better than the old,small one, the time for using is more longer than the old ones for 2 times. After installing this battery,the radio looks extremely Professional! This is the link: http://www.radioshop888.com/radioshop_product.php?id=104313 We are really appreciate you to choose our products. Hope you like the new product.

3600mA holy crap not bad for $25 usd. Sure wish the 4000mA bat for my kenwood wasnt $49.99

Pfffffttttt.......... Just be glad you are not looking for PB-39 battery for the Kenwood THG-71A. A measly 600mA for $62.95.The 9.6 volt high capacity battery is around $100. That's what you get when you buy an HT built on a commercial radio chassis. :censored:

Last edited:
After installing this battery,the radio looks extremely Professional!
I was hoping for plastic bits, now they've made it professional and upped the price. ;)

Speaking of plastic bits, I'm wondering about how this new battery would secure to the radio. The release clip at the top of course and there's the two plastic prongs at the bottom, but I wonder if they made channels to better fit to the bottom of the radio. If only the two prongs on the bottom, that could be problematic. Hopefully, they considered this, since it will now look extremely professional. Fingers crossed.

Pfffffttttt.......... Just be glad you are not looking for PB-39 battery for the Kenwood THG-71A. A measly 600mA for $62.95.The 9.6 volt high capacity battery is around $100. That's what you get when you buy an HT build on a commercial radio chassis. :censored:

Uhh...that's sad. 600mA ? Ouch

I was hoping for plastic bits, now they've made it professional and upped the price. ;)

Speaking of plastic bits, I'm wondering about how this new battery would secure to the radio. The release clip at the top of course and there's the two plastic prongs at the bottom, but I wonder if they made channels to better fit to the bottom of the radio. If only the two prongs on the bottom, that could be problematic. Hopefully, they considered this, since it will now look extremely professional. Fingers crossed.

There is the possibility that it will fit into the other front two prongs as well that serve as feet. If not, I dont think it would survive many falls.

There is the possibility that it will fit into the other front two prongs as well that serve as feet. If not, I dont think it would survive many falls.

Alright dont have patience for yahoo groups. Using the UV-5r software from brick's site V2. How do i find out what the TX freq is. IF there is some software that is easier to use please post it. At this rate having to enter the transmit FREQ aswell, its going to be a long day:mad:

Consult your technician manual. It supposedly trained you in repeater operations.

http://www.ctsara.org/Repeater_Basics[1].pdf

CHIRP software is usually the best (free) it is released in daily builds at this time, so expect a bug or two.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Download

Thanks chirp is working well. This radio is interesting. I am sure glad I have the thf6 tho. Haven't tried a qso yet with the uv5r mostly loaded down with sheriff and freeband freq's for above....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.