• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BAOFENG UV-5R Ultra High Capacity 7.4V 3600mAh Battery

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
I ordered one of these the other day for my UV-5R. I was wondering how secure the battery would fit, survive a fall or other abuse. The stock battery has two recesses that fit snug into the bottom posts on the radio.

On the bottom of the radio itself you will see a recessed trapezoidal shaped depression that is 1/8" deep. The new high cap battery has a similar shaped projection that should fit snug and secure.

IMG_1386.jpg

Not many clear pics of the new battery on the net, but you can see the projection in this picture.

battery.jpg

It looks as if the new battery should have a sturdy fit. I will find out soon.

I subscribed. Can't wait to c new battery and how well it performance

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Must be an updated firmware. The radio in this video has an American English sounding voice.

Yuan,

Can you post the accompanying manual that comes with this new battery?

Awman ! When our China peeps going to make nice battery's for our Kenwood thf6 or Yaesu vx8drs ?????? Would be nice to have this for a good radio not saying uv5r is bad....IMO :D

The Chinese have been making counterfeit clones of ICOM and Yaesu rigs alot longer than they have been making Baofeng's and such.

Many of the ICOM, Yaesu and Kenwood batteries you find on Ebay are counterfeit.

This has been going on for years.

Just got the battery today. It fits like a glove, looks natural and has no discernable play. I like the looks and feel. It fits my big hands and the extra height helps me avoid accidental key ups caused by the protruding PTT switch.

It's now getting it's first charge. I'll report back in a few days and discuss battery life.

Just got the battery today. It fits like a glove, looks natural and has no discernable play. I like the looks and feel. It fits my big hands and the extra height helps me avoid accidental key ups caused by the protruding PTT switch.

It's now getting it's first charge. I'll report back in a few days and discuss battery life.

Pictures ?? Want to see ur uv5r and giant battery in action !

It's still early, but this battery seems to be decent. It lasted 16+ hours on scan. Completely dead it took close to 7 hours to fully charge. Hopefully, after a few charge/discharge cycles will see maximum performance.

So far, I am happy and would buy another.

Awman ! When our China peeps going to make nice battery's for our Kenwood thf6 or Yaesu vx8drs ?????? Would be nice to have this for a good radio not saying uv5r is bad....IMO :D

Agreed! AIf they made a battery like this for my vx-8dr I would be in ham heaven!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.