• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BaoFeng uv-5r

ok i got it setup
programmed in a 154.600
well they dont like me talking on there Walmart radios from the house
i was told to get off their channel
i asked who channel it was
i was told this was a walmart business channel
i replied with or really
then why is it i can go to the sporting good section and buy the bubble wrap radios and talk on them
lady came back and asked who this was interfering with the walmart store
i said who is this
she says im the Walmart store manager
i said maybe you should get better radios than bubble wrap radios
she told me this was a private channel and i needed to stop talking on their channel or she would call the cops.
i told her she should go order another 2 pallets of Spegettios or raviolis
and load up 4 shelves so you dont have to do inventory like your supposed to.
this fired her up.
When i told her this was a MURS frequency she replied that she didnt know what that was to stop talking to her
then another person came on the freq and said he was the Walmart Bandit
then the manager came back on and told all Walmart associates to turn their radios off and bring them to the office.

so when i got home i made a phone call and was told that it is a Murs Freq and its open to the public
And that this person would go in a talk to the manager and inform her that its not a private Walmart channel

How far is the Walmart from you location?
I live a few miles away from one.
I wonder if my Ht could pick them up?

MURS Wikipedia
Because previous business band licensees who have maintained their active license remain grandfathered with their existing operating privileges, it is possible to find repeaters or other operations not authorized by Part 95 taking place. These are not necessarily illegal. If legal, such operations may enjoy primary status on their licensed frequency and as such are legally protected from harmful interference by MURS users.
WalMart is licensed to use that frequency. They are the primary user, you are required to not give harmful interference. Though, I would have thought that was common sense.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated