• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Baofeng UV-82X 220MHz 5 watt HT

BBB

Jan 17, 2012
Hopefully got one of these Baofeng UV-82X 220MHz HT's ordered in time for Christmas. The price was right at $56.

This will be the first rig I have that covers 220-260 MHz FM as there are a few operators in the area that are on there. It also covers 400-520 MHz FM but I've got other rigs for that band.

Anyone else try one of the UV-82X on the 220 MHz FM band?

Baofeng UV-82X Dual Band 144/220 Handheld Transceiver

Oh, crap. I now see that that company has issues. Hope I get a UV-82 that works on 220 or did I just get had...

Oh, crap. I now see that that company has issues. Hope I get a UV-82 that works on 220 or did I just get had...

The issue is with Radio-Mart, not with Baofeng. When you receive the radio, let us know what you think - a lot of locals around here use the Baofeng radios and like them for what they are.

Lifted from Martin's site.

There are some retailers advertising a Baofeng UV-82L, I am here to tell you that the UV-82L does not exist, it is only a sticker on the already popular UV-82, also these unscrupulous dealers have had another sticker made claiming the battery is 3000ma when in fact it is only 1800ma, I am against these misleading practices so just want those out there to be wary of these fake models.

Nice to see he cares, now!

I'll try to open it when I see it under the tree. When we were kids, we got very good at taking the tape off presents left early under the tree and re-sealing them to factory tape specifications.

Lifted from Martin's site.

There are some retailers advertising a Baofeng UV-82L, I am here to tell you that the UV-82L does not exist, it is only a sticker on the already popular UV-82, also these unscrupulous dealers have had another sticker made claiming the battery is 3000ma when in fact it is only 1800ma, I am against these misleading practices so just want those out there to be wary of these fake models.

Nice to see he cares, now!

Kind of sounds like a description of ol' Marti himself doesn't it. :tongue:

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.