• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Antennas

i perfer using a high gain antenna

so i use a Comet GP-9

when i get around to replacing it..
i will go with the Dimond XNA-700

that discone is nice and small..
but no gain

remember the antenna is extremly importent
with my GP-9 and my
Icom T-90A or Kenwood THF-6A
with only 1 watt i hit repeaters easily 100 miles out

Later

You might want to consider adding a duplexer (tri-plexer?) in line to peel off the 220mHz which that HT can deliver at ~250MW and have some fun with a Hustler G-7 220mHz antenna on the 220 band.

Just don't get hooked or the next thing you know, you'll be spending $1300 on an ICOM IC-575H 220mHz all-mode!

I do find that most all of those on 220 simply want to have a good time chatting (no BS) and are part of the most well-kept secret of Amateur Radio.

:D the ar270B is a okay little antenna, it was my first one hooked up to a alinco DJ 580. i still use it today as my travelling antenna, hooked up on a telescoping painters pole and a bungee cord strapped to anything vertical that allows it to clear it works great. you will enjoy it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.