• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

battery booster for powering mobile base setup ?

Keep a eye on Ebay. Here is a good price on one with one day left. ASTRON RS-35M Regulated Linear DC Power Supply RS35M - eBay (item 200297091962 end time Jan-16-09 09:37:19 PST)

I called local dealers and one of them had a used one he used on the bench for about a year. Got it for half price and got to try it out first. I know you use ab boxes because you say you want a clean signal. Clean power is at least as important. Cheap supplies alot of times cause you transmited signal on the other end to have a hum. Sounds like poo.

Last edited:
i actually saw that and since im in richmond va i asked him (through e-bay) that if i bid and won it if i could come and pick it up since im local .
this is his reply
"Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Hello,
I understand since this is so heavy. Unfortunatly I'm not set up for pickup, scheduling is extremely difficult. Has to be shipped. Sorry."

his add say it powers up but he could do not further testing . his reply to me makes me think (but i dont know) that something is wrong with it . he has time to box it up , put a label on it and take it to the po/ups..........but not for me to drop by at his convience and pick it up ? makes me feel he dont want someone knowing what door to knock on when there is a problem when its plugd in . like i said , i dont know , but im gonna listen to my gut . thanks for the heads up though . ;)

i actually saw that and since im in richmond va i asked him (through e-bay) that if i bid and won it if i could come and pick it up since im local .
this is his reply
"Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Hello,
I understand since this is so heavy. Unfortunatly I'm not set up for pickup, scheduling is extremely difficult. Has to be shipped. Sorry."

his add say it powers up but he could do not further testing . his reply to me makes me think (but i dont know) that something is wrong with it . he has time to box it up , put a label on it and take it to the po/ups..........but not for me to drop by at his convience and pick it up ? makes me feel he dont want someone knowing what door to knock on when there is a problem when its plugd in . like i said , i dont know , but im gonna listen to my gut . thanks for the heads up though . ;)
Yes it would be better to try it first. Richmond is a big city. Call some shops. Maybe you will get lucky. I did. Peace!

Linear on a Batt.

This maybe a little old to reply to, But i have a Palomar 250HD and a RM Italy KL-203 and i run mine off of a home made power supply from a computer power supply. And it works good.

This maybe a little old to reply to, But i have a Palomar 250HD and a RM Italy KL-203 and i run mine off of a home made power supply from a computer power supply. And it works good.

Remember a computer supply is only 12 volts.

Most power power supply's are 13.8 violts.

Not a huge difference....but if you want full power...

Hi all just thought i would give my 2 cents LOL
i ben there dun that i ran a cobra 148 off a cheap rat shack power supply that had ben turned up to 7 amp and an interstate batt runnin 150 kiker and the battery would run good for about 3 hours befor it dropped off also if you try it this way you cant run the battery charger while your are talking as it' humms right through tx audio i now have a 35 amp power supply running both and it works just fine got it off e bay for $30.00 it was used in a curcut city to power there radio display hop this helps (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.