• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BBT Delivered Hy-Gain Penetrator 500 Today

I am still debating on how and where I am going to put mine up....the tree is on the ground.....cannot wait to get it up.(y)

I checked out the new manual and I see what looks like a big mistakes. 19' feet overall length? No way!!!!!

What is it with MFJ? We saw something similar with the new Maco V58 manual, after MFJ took over, and I think it also happened with the 2 meter Gizmotchy beam that Moleculo reviewed.

Hey Happy Hammer, whatever happened to the 11 meter Gizmotchy 4 element you had for testing. I think I saw it installed before, did it not work also. Maybe the manual for it was messed up too. Is that possible?

Hey Eastside the important thing is, are the manuals the same in the instructions?

My manual sez "Citizen Band Antenna"
Same here... At least for the one I received directly from Hy-Gain. I haven't opened the one from DX-Engineering yet. I'll check when I get home.

73, Bert

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Some one correct me if i am wrong but wouldn't you want to be closer to 20'6" for 10 meters and 22'6" for 11 meters for 5/8 wave as a starting point?

I checked out the new manual and I see what looks like a big mistakes. 19' feet overall length? No way!!!!!

What is it with MFJ? We saw something similar with the new Maco V58 manual, after MFJ took over, and I think it also happened with the 2 meter Gizmotchy beam that Moleculo reviewed.

Hey Happy Hammer, whatever happened to the 11 meter Gizmotchy 4 element you had for testing. I think I saw it installed before, did it not work also. Maybe the manual for it was messed up too. Is that possible?

Hey Eastside the important thing is, are the manuals the same in the instructions?

Yep....the instructions are the same. :)

VA3ES post your findings when you check the length with your 259. I would like to tune mine to about 28.000 also if it ever gets here.

VA3ES post your findings when you check the length with your 259. I would like to tune mine to about 28.000 also if it ever gets here.
Same here, I'd like to adjust the radiator/radial lengths for 28.400 MHz. Also of note is the nice job they did of deburring all the edges. I half expected to have to do this myself given MFJ's rep but I was mistaken... Thanks MFJ!

73, Bert

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Anyone get the sp500 up and tuned for the band you will be using it on? I have mine and will be putting it up soon and wanted some feedback on what length you ended up with. I am wanting to run 10 meters and hope it will work on 11 some what.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.