• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bearcat 880 no transmit

Patriot2Alpha

Apr 15, 2023
Hey yall! Green mountains here waving! I have a bearcat 880 for a buddy, I can't get any transmit out of it but I do get sound through the PA great recieve audio just no transmit. I changed the finals still no luck. I have genuine Mitsubishi ones on the way. Any where else to look for the issue?? Thanks in advanced!

I would start with a radio on the same channel, and see if you hear anything at all from this radio when it transmits. A coax jumper on the monitor radio with the shell backed off the connector at the far end gets you a half-inch long "sniffing" antenna you can poke around the transmit mixer chip in the 880.

If you can hear a weak signal, the problem is downstream from the mixer circuit.

If you hear nothing, there's no point to molesting the driver or final just yet.

A DC voltmeter on the metal tab surface of the final transistor should show around 6 to 7 Volts DC in AM transmit, and around 13 Volts sideband. If not, the modulator transistor may have failed.

Test the old final for a short between collector and emitter. If it's shorted, this would suggest possible damage to the modulator transistor.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated