• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

'been a long time since one of my "dumb questions".......

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
Always being on the look out for better ideas.... I have seen a number of repair vids where they are using different methods.....

But what do some of you do..... for microphone adapter plugs... to inject test tones ... while working on transmit???
Mike... seems to have some little gadget with a PC board tacked to the connector...
Another guy has plugs... with wires soldered in that come out to 1) a double throw switch to do the XMT/RCV switching and others that connect to an audio source.....

But..... there are so many different plug/pin configurations.... that you must also have something that is freely configurable to account for the radios that didn't stick to a Cobra/Uniden/Midland standard.

And then... you have 4 pin, 5 pin, 5 pin DIN (Realistic)......

So I thought I would just ask how some of you handle that??
Do you have "fixed rigs"? Do you have something that is "infinitely adaptable" so that you can quick-config as needed?

Just wanted to see where this would go...

Thanks a million!
Bob

I used to simply plug a microphone into the jack for PTT control and inject audio in via small leads either directly to the microphone jack or if there was a test point where I needed the audio, use that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.