• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bells CB

I haven't done business with him, but he does give it hell on youtube. Not to hi-jack, but is the 30+ watts from a 949/959 he shows regularly real?

Reactions: 1 person
I haven't done business with him, but he does give it hell on youtube. Not to hi-jack, but is the 30+ watts from a 949/959 he shows regularly real?

Bell's is the #1 source for some useful info - IMO. Well; doesn't compare to the WWRF. Check out their tech library - useful stuff!

Yes, you can get ~30w from the newer 959's. That is because they have a single MOSFET IRF-520 final instead of the more expensive and rare 1969 final transistor. Out of the box they will do 12 watts; but they can be turned up. Better to run them no more than 25w if you don't want to keep replacing the final.

Reactions: 1 person
Bells is a decent shop. Screwdriver is a nice and seemingly knowledgeable man. They have been around for a long time too. Turn around time is reasonable as well.

Bell's is the #1 source for some useful info - IMO. Well; doesn't compare to the WWRF. Check out their tech library - useful stuff!

Yes, you can get ~30w from the newer 959's. That is because they have a single MOSFET IRF-520 final instead of the more expensive and rare 1969 final transistor. Out of the box they will do 12 watts; but they can be turned up. Better to run them no more than 25w if you don't want to keep replacing the final.

I haven't but I will, thanks for the headsup. I need to replace my '93 radio shack meter with a decent power meter to more accurately see what my radios are doing.

I ordered a Galaxy 979 from them a few months ago, and couldn't be happier with it...Screwdriver also does a video on each radio he sells and post's it on Youtube...It usually takes a few weeks after you get the radio tho before he get's it loaded on Youtube...

Here's the video of my Galaxy 979...And my Meter's read exactly the same as Bells CB, so what you see, is what you get!

Galaxy DX-979 Tune-up Report - YouTube

tuned right...

cb's are always tuned right from him...

I always thought they were being set too low for some reason but when I got them and turned them up myself I ended up blowing 2 radios in a row due to my fault.

I turned a magnum 257hp up to 30 watts and it blew
i turned an rci 2970n2 up to 100 watts and it blew too.

I thought where he sets it might have been cheesy but I learned the hard way it's not.

Reactions: phantom309
oops

forgot i didn't get the rci radio from him...

but still, it shouldn't be turned up to 100 watts for some reason or it blows.

now that I got an amp i only like it set to drive my amp hehe :)
get an amp besides turning some radios up it's smarter way to save money. consider most radios good at driving an amp.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.