• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bench Distribution Block

Big Kahuna

Jul 31, 2008
I'm setting up a new bench and I'd like to get a extra distribution block that has multiple quick connect slots. My current one requires using a screwdriver and I want one with a quicker connection option. I see some of the blocks with fuses which is cool.

I've been searching but just haven't see the right fit yet. I swear years ago I saw something that is exactly what i need but I can't find it again. Even something spring loaded with 4-6 slots would work.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: secret squirrel

Not all "spring load" are able to handle a lot of amps - try to derate them to 5 amps or less.

Otherwise there is the Push on, Banana jack plug combos for pre-done power patch cords - the jacks can handle a lot more current than the typical spring load.

Let's just say that as the draw goes up, the spring heats up and eventually will lose it's "tension" and depending on the mount, can deform the plastic housing.

Reactions: secret squirrel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.