• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best antenna

Butcher318 said:
" Wilson Mag Mount .. CMon now. %&* "

So whats your point? I have run a Wilson 5000 Mag mount on my company car for 6 years now with exellent results. And it looks a heck of alot better then a 102 or some giant space invader looking open coil thing. Best 83 bucks I ever spent.

I'd like to say this much about the Wilson 1/5 K antenna's in any style mount along with the Wilson 2/5 K trucker styled antenna's , they are all quailty antenna's period !! They all work and they all work well . I've used 102s and 8 foot Fransis amazers that worked very good as well , but the ease and performance of the Wilson's you just can't beat , they also look very nice as well , and not as wild and crazy looking as many of the others , I'd bet to say that they are more then likely the number one selling antenna's in the nation if a poll were taken. You have a lot of 10K fans in these parts , they are not a popular antenna in So.Cal as far as I know over the last 20 years , they may well be the best antenna on the planet as far as I know ? but they are not anywhere near as popular as the Wilson brand of antenna's. I think they have proved themselves over the last few decades as excellent ,good performing antenna's for what they are , at a very reasonable price. Are they the best ? I truly doubt it , but they are decent without a doubt in my mind or my SWR meters and the power that can be run through them. :)

Mr Clean said:
I think the K30 is better than the Lil Wil But the 1000 is better than the K40
You have probably made your decision by now but if not I agree, the lil-Wil is a POS antenna if you want to run power, it is untunable for power in terms of SWR where the K-30 is the exact oposite. Now that said the K-40 is not in the same class as the 1000 so for the money the 1000 is a no brainer.
I have beat the crap out of a 1000 for years on low bridges, bank drive throughs, tree branches, my garage, etc, and you would never know so I don't know what you are up to if you are bending the whip on a Wilson 1000 you will bend it on anything else you buy. What I don't understand is your position based on your first post, "I think the wilson whips will bend and break so dont really want to go that route" You "think" in your first post but then in your second post,
"Been there, done that. The nice looking antenna isnt worth a s*it."
So, which is it? Have you been there and done that in which case I would love to hear from you how you managed to do something that we have not been able to do for years as has been already mentioned, the magnet will come off long before you ever damage the whip, OR were you just "thinking" and not happy with the honest answers everyone was giving you based upon years of combined experience?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.