• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

? Best Comms. for 30 miles on limited power ?

Anybody have a 27 mhz repeater??? Or the information on building one???
It would be the same technology as any other repeater. They're illegal on 11M, but I would be surprised if there is no one doing it. There are 10M repeaters, so a lot of the "export" radios have the capability. The $130 Stryker SR-94hpc, as an affordable example.

I would/did use uhf, though. Cheaper and easier, much smaller antennas, and there is a way to do it legally.

Anybody have a 27 mhz repeater??? Or the information on building one???

if your thinking of 11 meter repeaters, consider 10 meter as the equipment is already out there. however as already mentioned with 10, 11 meters is the solar effect. you would have some success at night though with this, but the other thing to consider with ham radio is that you can do morse code and packet amongst all the other options that it brings to the table.

this is a good subject.

Am getting closer to having AM-SSB in all three vehicles. Parts, tools and gear still arriving. (Threads pertain on the 579 and the CTD. The all-aluminum travel trailer will have one, too).

Plus a set up for the son which is portable (as an assembly); mobile or base. Had already given him a sweet-talking chrome Cobra 29 and a Little Wil several years back. “Better” is sitting here in front of me.

CB is out there by the millions. As the saying goes, what my neighbors and I share in common trumps individual advantages.

Marine Radio looks next.

Once son & wife have a house, then The Big Iron

While the rest of the world walked or hitched a ride on a farm wagon, Americans and their old world cousins had scheduled planetary service.

Wasn’t (doesn’t) happen without radio.

B98C21D9-25A8-485D-A10E-054F49BA0913.jpeg

Gen X should feel right at home, huh?

Last edited:
Reactions: xm49north7
07C30B56-FACF-4620-832C-5DA3D8B1E861.jpeg

F391B283-B78A-4CBC-B2B0-C42DE86C4BD8.jpeg

Millennial Repellent.

Once the idiots understand that there’s NOTHING not shared with their grandsires, we might get somewhere.

No such thing as Boomer, either.

“Categories” are for control.
Not edification.

70E14283-F465-4235-901E-F68FDDDAF918.jpeg

That’s not even yesterday.

Radio: Not an appliance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudfoot and WECSOG
One of the funniest sights I now see in rural areas are residential towers with the big bird TV antennas gone.

And a teeny little UHF thing-a-ma-jig in its place.

Zippy the Pinhead.

I guess those Gen Z will need dayglo Spandex climbing suits to feel like they’ve accomplished something before they accomplish it.

Get that antenna up there, son.

Fisher-stripe is for journeymen only.

(Me? I’m still at generic faded blue Dickies twill).

Last edited:
Am getting closer to having AM-SSB in all three vehicles. Parts, tools and gear still arriving. (Threads pertain on the 579 and the CTD. The all-aluminum travel trailer will have one, too).

Plus a set up for the son which is portable (as an assembly); mobile or base. Had already given him a sweet-talking chrome Cobra 29 and a Little Wil several years back. “Better” is sitting here in front of me.

CB is out there by the millions. As the saying goes, what my neighbors and I share in common trumps individual advantages.

Marine Radio looks next.

Once son & wife have a house, then The Big Iron

While the rest of the world walked or hitched a ride on a farm wagon, Americans and their old world cousins had scheduled planetary service.

Wasn’t (doesn’t) happen without radio.

View attachment 35766

Gen X should feel right at home, huh?

Conair brings back the memories. CIA used these and the DC3's heavily in Central America during the Contra day's. Those things were scattered all over in El Salvador and Honduras during my 1st deployment. Spooks were everywhere.

There’s nothing like the sound of a big-piston radial engine at take-off . .

Except the other Big Iron (here on traditional sacred ground).
(The opening sequence is great visual then bounce to 8:25)

Might one ask, “ resonant at the American frequency?”

The visceral aspect will come to one.

Part formula, part visualization — a whole lot of tying & untying the same knots — until the faintest signal is more felt than heard.

Some things (artifacts) never age. As they passed immediately into legend. Forever new.

1E0A5EFC-286C-41D9-9E26-A815336F20BE.jpeg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated