• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best kind of rope for placing inside antenna elements?

RoadWarrior

May 3, 2005
Tyrone,PA
Whats the best kind of rope for placing inside
antenna elements for wind vibration and a rope
that would last for a long time??? Thanks
Going inside Maco 104 elements...

RoadWarrior,
It's not necessary to use the rope, it will just add more weight. In the 28 yrs that I have had a yagi in the air, there has never been a problem with the elements by not using the rope.
----------------
DXman

RoadWarrior said:
Whats the best kind of rope for placing inside
antenna elements for wind vibration and a rope
that would last for a long time??? Thanks
Going inside Maco 104 elements...

Hello theres a better way than rope,they now make differant types of foam that you can use to fill the elements from one side to the other it's light and works wonders!A freind of mine did this keeps the water out also.you can also do this on vertical base antennas for added reinforcment....73sss give it a try you can always clean it out later...Coily
www.mrcoily.com
It's a Coily World!

Jim
The rope is nylon braid, and it does help stop the vibrations from the wind which prevents the element from becoming brittle and quiets the antenna from singing. just be sure the rope is snug and fastened inside so it won't work out of the elements. I used the method in a Finco 4 ele Stinger its worth the effort.

Jonbah
1st Class Mud Duck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.