1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Best non-AM/FM radio?

Discussion in 'Scanning & Shortwave Listening' started by LIantenna585, Oct 23, 2018.

1. LIantenna585

LIantenna585 New Member

Hello,

I was browsing online for radios that can explore the shortwave band, but all of the ones I liked (specifically the Eton Executive Traveler and the Executive Satellite) included AM/FM functionality. I already have other radios for AM/FM, so I don’t want to waste money by paying for something included in a shortwave radio that I already have.

What are some recommendations for a shortwave radio (functionality for other bands would be good, too) that isn’t too expensive but can scan a high amount of frequencies, not including AM/FM?

Thanks

2. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

Any modern radio that covers SW will also cover the standard AM/FM broadcast bands. Unless you want to look for an older table-top model dedicated strictly to SW you will have to settle for something that covers AM/FM as well. Since it costs about 89 cents to add those bands you are not really paying any more for something you don't need/want.

3. Rwb

Rwb Well-Known Member

I got a tecsun pl 880 i like .it replaced a grundig yacht boy pe i wore out.
    Was sceptical about the tecsun but 3 years later im very satisfied with it.rechargeable battery and automotic shut off charger. Many features and strong recieve

Handy Andy likes this.