• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

best recieving 10 meter radio

I kind of agree if you are talking about old Ten meter radios.​
The Radio Shack HTX 100 was about the best I ever used.
Ten meters only.
CW and USB only.
Very tight RX
No AM
No FM
No LSB
But I doubt you will find one now days.
The Last model of the RCI2950DX that I had was not bad, but I still found myself backing off the RF gain because the RX was so hot.
The Lincoln II I bought and sent back was not good.
I have not tried the + model but I have been told it was better that the first version.
Would be great if some one had the time ( and radios) to sit down and do some testing.
The guys across the pond say the last version of the Grant II Premium with the better filter was good.
Jeff
I still use my HTX-100. I have had to spend a lot of time fixing it, thanks to the glue, has some LCD bleed, but it works so much better than any of the other 10m only radios. I was using it a few days ago. I worked whatever I heard and it hears well.

SL

best recieving radios ive ever owned was a ar3500 and ar3300 second best was 2510/2600 lincoln , ,emerior 5010....if you find any of these classics in good working order youll have a great recieving radio ..i rank them right up there with my kenwood 570

I owned a RCI2950 1991 that had fantastic receive and transmit. I own a President Lincoln from 1998 that has fantastic Transmit and Receive. I own a Palomar SSB500 that is a receive and transmit beast. The Classic Uniden Grant XL and like boards in all other Cobra and Uniden Products fantastic rx/tx.

While the white noise on the RCI2950 was the harshest sounding out of the bunch it had the most sensitive receive out of any radio I have owned. That white noise would make your ear's bleed but I could hear signal no one else could hear often doing better than guys with base stations and huge beams in a mobile with a 102" whip.

All of the above have receive and transmit circuitry based off of the old Cybernet chassis. The AR3500 and 3300's that my mentor owned where like wise based off of the old Cybernet designs.

I think harshness is a huge problem. If a unit makes your ear's hurt becasue of the white noise it also makes it hard to listen too and hard to listen too at sufficient levels to pick out weak signals.

While it is nice to have a lot of things that can be done with digital systems just through software there is a lot of be said for analog systems still and even more to be said for a combination of analog and digital combined. Not that you will see that today it is something you would need to do on your own.

Really what you want for CB is an analog discrete component radio with stand alone parametric EQ, filtering, DSP on the output going to a larger better damped speaker. By doing those things you can even include a pre-amp since you can deal with them on the output side. This allows you always find the best combo for the situation. The use of head phones is handy as well.

Reactions: FredTx63

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.