• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

best recieving 10 meter radio

hotrod

Feb 16, 2007
n.w pennsylvania
what i mean by this ..is in the specs colum in new radios they have transmit and recieve. . on the recieve side there 3 or 4 different measurements ,adjacent channel or chennel rejection or bleedover is what im looking at. there measured in db what im wondering is the higher the number the better the rejection is ..or less bleedover?here are the radios im looking at lincoln 2 .. stryker 955 .. anytone 6666

I'll bet there isn't much of a difference between the whole lot. They only have to pass standards for 10m operations and not meant for the American market. Soooooo . . . unless someone has tested any of these radio with the proper equipment, we can't know. Maybe the mfr specs are right. The Baofeng turned out to be OK . . . But another Chinese company might just fudge the specs. Dunno. I'd be interested to see if anyone gave them a real shot with some good test gear . . . let the chips fall where they may . . .

The best all around 10 meter Only radio I have ever owned or used was a Radio Shack HTX-10.It was very good on both transmit & receive but a bit difficult to get another microphone for it but you may buy a microphone adapter on eBay for it that works great. It is also a 100% LEGAL 10 meter radio & far better than the Export garbage out there.

SIX-SHOOTER

I kind of agree if you are talking about old Ten meter radios.​
The Radio Shack HTX 100 was about the best I ever used.
Ten meters only.
CW and USB only.
Very tight RX
No AM
No FM
No LSB
But I doubt you will find one now days.
The Last model of the RCI2950DX that I had was not bad, but I still found myself backing off the RF gain because the RX was so hot.
The Lincoln II I bought and sent back was not good.
I have not tried the + model but I have been told it was better that the first version.
Would be great if some one had the time ( and radios) to sit down and do some testing.
The guys across the pond say the last version of the Grant II Premium with the better filter was good.
Jeff

Reactions: Slowmover
Those are not 10m radios, just poor performance chickenbanders.
Want good performing 10m radio? Buy ham rig.
Mike

Have you tested these rigs or are you just barfing up the stuff you've been reading online? Don't be so vague...people will start to doubt your credibility.

adjacent channel or chennel rejection or bleedover is what im looking at. there measured in db what im wondering is the higher the number the better the rejection is ..or less bleedover?here are the radios im looking at lincoln 2 .. stryker 955 .. anytone 6666

With respect to adjacent channel and image rejection, the larger the numbers are better (70db is better than 45db). Many years ago when they had a yearly "Buyers Guide" it was easy to see which rig had the best (or worse) numbers, but not so much now :unsure:

With respect to adjacent channel and image rejection, the larger the numbers are better (70db is better than 45db). Many years ago when they had a yearly "Buyers Guide" it was easy to see which rig had the best (or worse) numbers, but not so much now :unsure:
thank you sir.. thats what i was wondering

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.