• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BEST SCANNER

ray

BANNED
Jan 23, 2011
I have 2 scanners. 1 is a UNIDEN BC72XLT 100 CHA.2 Is a RADIO SHACK TRIPLE TRUNKING PRO-164.1000 CHA. Witch is the better one ?:confused::redface::D 73s RAY.

scanners

I have no USB cable:confused:. The uniden is one of the NASCAR SCANNERS. So with out the USB cable the uniden is the better one:unsure: THANKS FOR THE INFO. 73s. ray.:pop:

I got a barely used RS-PRO-2096.

I also have a Bearcat 9000xlt....and used it for many yrs....then our police force went digital and I had to buy the $400+ rs-pro-2096....then the a$$holes started encrypting all there radio transmissions and I got pissed and put it back in its box where it has stayed....only used it for about 2 weeks....$400 for nothing.....why a small town police force needs to encrypt all their coms is a mystery to me....especially when all the big police departments in the bigger cities around here still use analog?

I have no USB cable:confused:. The uniden is one of the NASCAR SCANNERS. So with out the USB cable the uniden is the better one:unsure: THANKS FOR THE INFO. 73s. ray.:pop:

With or without the cable the PRO-164 has 1000 channels, Alpha Taging, you can still program trunk systems by hand but a pain,CTCSS and DCS squelch settings. So I don't see how the Uniden BC72XLT can compare. Now the Uniden BC246XLT is another story!:LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.