• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best shortwave antenna for indoors double storey.

Look up the 20-280 Radio Shack Amplified Shortwave Antenna

There are a few on ebay cheap

I have two of them

Input ................................. SO-239 Connector
Output............................... SO-239 Connector
AC Adapter IN ................. 9-12 VDC Input @ 45 mA (3.5 mm plug)
Ground.............................. Wing-nut, rear panel
Other
Frequency Coverage......... 300 KHz to 40 MHz
Antenna ............................ 20" Telescoping Antenna - mounted through hole in
the top (connected to input SO-239 connector). An
external wire antenna plugged into the SO-239

The above is a copy and paste from their website; You will need to find some way to transition from a SO-239 socket.
You could use a 'banana' (they fit into the SO-239 socket quite nicely) plug and a alligator clip wired into a 3.5 plug or you could get a PL_259 and coax or wire and wire it into a 3.5 plug.

Do you mean the pl_259 cable or adapter?

For receiving, unless you're in a building constructed like a Faraday cage, ANY piece of wire five feet long or so should allow you to hear stations. If you can dangle a long piece of wire from the second floor and let it hang down ten feet or so, it should do better. SWL antennas need to be outside and up high.

Since you do receive some stations with the radio's whip, I'd sit as close to a window as I could and take advantage of that.

Maybe run wire up to the ceiling and around corners. Support it with whatever.

EX-PERIMENT!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated