• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best way to hook 6 guage wire to power supply

Ok...

So they call that a “52”, but if you read the specs it’s rated at 600watts at 13.8 volts. That’s actually a little over 40 amps. If you’re running more than 13.8, then less than that.

I found a thread that might be of use to you...people have reported that they were NOT able to run an N2 on an Astron 50 amp supply. The Astron is rated at a full 50 amps at a 50% duty cycle (such as a two way radio).

You might not have a terminal issue, but an issue with the sizing of the supply or the adjustment of the radio.

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/rci-2970n2-power.145645/

I would check your voltage and make sure you’re at 13.8. And I would back the RF power on the radio off a bit and see if you can get it to run.

In the end, you might want to have the radio checked out to make sure you’re not asking too much of the onboard amp. Several folks in the link I posted suggested that.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Also, I checked to see if there was a ampere rating for the terminals in the book...I see none. I haven’t seen many binding posts rated at 20+ amps. Connecting to all four wouldn’t be a bad idea, IMO.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Copper-...ed-to-14-Solid-Wire-2-Pack-L70-B2-5/100141680

Always had good luck with these and a good star or split washer to hold them in place.

steel-city-wire-connectors-wire-terminals-l70-b2-5-64_1000.jpg

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated