• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

better coax

KingCobra_CDX882 said:
as i said earlier LMR400 is ok...but do not call it hardline...for it is not
No its not. It is as close as you get without actually making the jump to hardline......as I said earlier too.

If you really want to compare cables / transmission lines, the you have to really look at two things.

Insertion Loss - Which is how much power you get out at the other end compared to how much power you put in, over a fixed distance. (usualy 100ft or 100m)

Return Loss - Is how much power comes out of the end which you put your signal into when the other end is terminated correctly with a dummy load.

The final two properties are physical and financial.
How hard is the coax or transmission line to bend and handle and how much does it cost.

S band multimode waveguide is going to absolutely fantastic for insertion loss and return loss, but it is going to be big and heavy and cost big $$$.

http://www.satvg.org/smf/index.php?topic=9.0

trash,
If I could afford a waveguide for 80 meters I'd use it! Hell'of'a tower, and you could live in it! :)
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.