• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BIG REDS ANTENNERZ (enjoy)

How bad is it

• Total voters

bigred222

Key Up City Radio
Aug 28, 2006
Stamford, CT
www.cbjunk.com
Heres mine my 48'' fiberglass is on the other side ill take a picture of it today when i get home. The 66'' is the closer one and the other one in the back is another mobile i use for road trips i was using it because i thought my radio was broken but as it turns out the 66'' wasnt grounded worth a darn. HAHA Newbie blues. Ill get it someday.
CBantennas.jpg

Can't you see he's using the gutter as counterpoise>?(y)
That's exactly what I did for about 1 year. It worked great for me at the time. Talked to the locals anywhere from 3-30 miles away!Great standing wave too.
Even had my fun with DX on SSB(using a Robyn SB520D).I've still got that mobile antenna out in the shed.
Then I got my hands on an A99 for $25 new(15 years ago now) and opened a whole new can of worms!
Slim(y)

That's exactly what I did for about 1 year. It worked great for me at the time. Talked to the locals anywhere from 3-30 miles away!Great standing wave too.
Even had my fun with DX on SSB(using a Robyn SB520D).I've still got that mobile antenna out in the shed.
Then I got my hands on an A99 for $25 new(15 years ago now) and opened a whole new can of worms!
Slim(y)

Anybody knows that gutter won't hold up an A99(y)

I tried using my gutter as a counterpoise and it did not make one bit of difference!!

DAMN VINYL GUTTERS!!!

Now if you really want to have some fun,,,,,,(y)

On the down spout of the gutter near the ground connect the center of coax to the downspout and then run a wire around the base of the house and connect the shield to the wire, you can slightly bury the wire, no more than 2 inches though. This will give you a heck of a receiver antenna, unless of course you have an antenna tuner, then you can tx with it. You should use about 125-130 foot of wire around the foundation if you can

This is providing that you do not have aluminum siding :eek:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.