• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bills2way calling it quits

to bad ....hope the guy will survive there after . This is truly nothing new , In So.Cal ,I've seen a dozen shops and distributors bite the dust ..where ones couldn't compete with the others or FCC came in and majorly dropped the hammer down to the point of no return )-: Sure the radio lingers on in these parts but it is surely absolutely nothing like it once was over the last 20 years or so ,it has surely been a slowly but surely decline ever since .....still a few shops around but nothing like it once was ....Now IM no Ham operator ,so I can't really say how things are in that department in these parts ? but I have talked to a few that really didn't have a whole lot to say about it either way ? From talking to a local tech and distributor , it's either the truck drivers passing through , warrenty work , Internet sales that keep them a float (even though some would denie it) ...I often wonder just how much the trucker truly has to do with keeping radio alive as it is today through out the United States ? ....If I was a betting man ? I would guess to say alot. From what i have read over the years it still sounds like the radio is alive and well in other parts of country, which is kind of nice to hear (-: .....I've been saying a dying breed now for many a year gone by in these parts ....it has certainly seemed and appeared to be that way in my ear holes over the years. After 20 years of all of this ,I just don't think I have that much of a wax build up ...What the hell !! IM still getting my 50 cents worth all the same ...just at a somewhat slower pace. Switch Kit

wow, that bites. iv'e bought many things from bill for my 2510's and other items. he was one of the best shops in the country, with excellent customer service. he will be missed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.