• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bird meter

kaos513

Apr 10, 2014
Putnam county,NY
Anyone know why I get more power coming out of my 148 gtl than my cobra 2000gtl on my bird meter I’m using same slug for both units, does the bird meter read basestation units

Your Bird doesn't care WHAT is producing the RF being measured. As long as the slugs are for the proper frequency range and power level (and everything, including the slugs, is calibrated), the Bird will speak the truth, within ±5% or so.

Last edited:
on my 2000 weather internal power supply or external i see the same watts 6 average but like yours, i see way more on my 148 at this moment because i'm using a transformer for power mod i'm seen 40 watts peak almost 12 average

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated