• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

bite again

canoe

Oct 13, 2008
Eastern Ontario Canada
Its been awhile, but I just got bitten by the cb bug again. Im looking at putting up a beam. I was thinking either a 3 or 4 element. Just wondering is the 4 worth the extra....size, weight, n cost. Mostly size n weight.

Also, I have quite a few radios and some have very little average swing watts if any, but all have nice peak swing watts. But one of my radios swings almost as much on average mode as it does peak. So my question is how do I increase average watts.

Its been awhile, but I just got bitten by the cb bug again. Im looking at putting up a beam. I was thinking either a 3 or 4 element. Just wondering is the 4 worth the extra....size, weight, n cost. Mostly size n weight.

Also, I have quite a few radios and some have very little average swing watts if any, but all have nice peak swing watts. But one of my radios swings almost as much on average mode as it does peak. So my question is how do I increase average watts.

The 4 isn't worth the extra. If size and weight is an issue take a look at a Moxon Rectangle. A few dB down on a 3 ele, has a wider beamwidth which may be preferable but has excellent front to back which is more important than forward gain.

you increase average watts by adding an amplifier. anything else is just straining your equipment for a basically unnoticeable minor increase.
Ok. I have amps. Thats not the issue. Just wondering what mods have to be done in order to see more average swing on the radio itself. Intern i get more average watts out of an amplifier.
You see i have a few radios which all swing to around 20- 25 peak. And all of them key anywhers 0-5 watts.( the way i set them up ) and around 3-8 average swing. But one radio keying low will average swing almost as much as it swings in peak mode

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.