• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BITX40 40m qrp transeiver kit

camaro1

Nov 2, 2012
wisconsin
firerunner was on the chatbox talking about these a couple weeks ago so I ordered one also, was surprised to see it in the mail yesterday, so I started working on it, $59 with free shipping from INDIA , I used an old cb case to mount it in, just got it fired up and it works, I was receiving cw and phone with just my roll of solder touching the antenna jack,lol,, need to make a faceplate yet, and wire up the mic for it
IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1363.JPG
IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG

I hooked the bitx40 to my 80m doublet fed with 600ohm true ladder line, with a Johnson matchbox and had no problem making contacts with it, even got a contact in south America. mine does a solid 4-5 watts pep with the icom hm-36 mic,, the receive is great, the radio has a calibration option, mine was off about 200hz but after doing the calibration it is dead on frequency. the tuning is a bit tricky at first, the tuning pot only has so much range so when you get to the stop the frequency will start to auto-count up or down depending on which way you turn the vfo then you just turn the opposite direction when you go past your desired frequency, pretty simple when you get used to it. the board doesn't have any memory for what frequency you were on when you turn the radio off then back on, seems to just pick a random frequency when you power it up, not too big of a deal. all in all a great radio for the price and it just plain works!

if you go on the facebook pages for the bitx40, guys already have new software you can load into the Arduino Nano and get USB for jt65 and they also show a simple vox ciruit and how to add it to the radio

Reactions: RatsoW8
I ordered on 4/27 and have not received a confirmation from HF signals for the order or DHL tracking info. How long was it before you guys received confirmation from them? I'm not in a rush but would like to know they have my order.

wish someone had a video or step by step to program it with the latest hack software(sketch) v1.09 has lsb/usb and dual vfo's and rit function

anyone else get one of these together yet??

im still amazed at this little qrp 40m radio, bored last evening so I put it on the desk and powered it up hooked to the 40m dipole that's in the back yard only about 15-18 feet off the ground, fed with 300ohm tv twin lead and a Johnson matchbox, no problem making contacts.

a little info about the 40m dipole,, it was put up quick in the spring and ran with 300ohm tv twin lead and the wire runs into the house with some other wires and through the basement also next to other house wiring and over and along a heating duct,,, really every thing that should not be done with using ladderline / twin lead feed line,, and it works!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated