• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BLACK LISTS AND WHY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
I suppose it's just a Internet world ? I was just on a site that I "had" much respect for the owner "tech". Somebody else taking the the time to dis-appove of others work and making a list a mile long on why one should not go there and why they should go to "him" instead ? .....What a cut throat business this can truly be when it's obvious it comes down to the mighty green backs more so then not. IM always saying "how I think" humbling ones self could surely be a sign of class and not so much more a sign of conceded vane my way or the highway type attitudes and why this is better then this ....I think IM starting to get it now ? ...Maybe one has a better chance at making more money putting everybody else down for what they do ? ...This just doesn't impress me much but I suppose man has got to do what man has got to do to pay the bills ? Cap/Resistor mods /NPC mods/ clipping limiters / swing kits / expo kits / galaxy kits / moma,papa,aunt,uncle grandma kits / freq's off pll's /echo boards/ the list goes on what other folks do for peoples radios ....BFD !!! If one can find the time to bash others for what they do and what they have been doing for decades or since before they were in diapers ....I personally feel there going about it the wrong way and there places would be the last place I ever took my stuff too !! The Internet allows this kind of behaviour along with helping those that may not have been doing as well without it ? A dying breed comes to mind ? .A great "tech" ? maybe so !! attitude adjustment ? maybe so !! Humbling ones self ? Maybe so !! Business "101" ? maybe so !! ......GREENBACKS !! you bet your a$$e$ !!!! I wonder if there's anybody out there in this business these days that know how to humble themselves and do what they do rather then down everybody else every time they get the chance ? You may or may not have wanted my business in the first place ? But your kind of advertising steered me away before I ever got there. I can hear it now .....but at least I was warned about others before I got there ? ....but ask yourself this ....according to whom ? hear say and curcumstancial evedance don't always cut the mustard in my book.

I think I know who you are talking about and he does supply pictures of many of the radios as proof.

I personally think it is a service...plus if you have ever been to some of the places on that list, it would not shock you that they are there.

If you are talking about who I think you are, you will also notice that he does not openly solicit business through his site...presumably because he doesn't have to? there was an old timer around here that used to say "don't go to the shops that advertise a lot, the good ones don't have to." there is a little truth in that.

Also, if you and I are thinking of the some place, I don't think he says anywhere on there that you should go to A instead of B. He leaves that to you. There are also some 'rebuttals,' most of which speak for themself.

On top of that, the guy is in a good position to have such a list since he sees so many of these radios. I could not maintain a list like that, I don't have a repair shop!

thanks, Jake....

it's truly amazing to me how some people see things that aren't there and can never see the things that are. you on the other hand (unlike most) seem to understand our purpose and intent there and this post is to let you know that your comments are appreciated and accurate. the amount of behind-the-scenes documentation, digital photography, research and man hours would explain why it's never been attempted before. if not for the thanks and appreciation expressed in the volumes of incoming email the project would have been abandoned long ago as a webmaster's nightmare. as long as the majority response indicates that the list is fulfilling its intended purpose and intent, it will remain as it has, even though it seems to prompt some of the most frivolous litigation attempts that we have ever experienced, everything from new or incomplete definitions of the word libel to the attempted refutation of evidence, even when the source of said evidence is plastered all over the complaintants web site. thanks again for your time.

.......your right C2 "They" surely do and I would think you would know all about that. But I couldn't personally tell you about anybodies black list ,nor have I known anyone over the last 20 years that I wouldn't send anyone to either. Wasn't naming names Jake for a reason , so one guy does a better job then the other ? It's all illegal anyway I look at it ...Jesus Christ Almighty !! .....since when has this cb stuff become rocket science ? .....Since the beginning of the Internet ? As far as pictures go Jake ,they don't impress me much .....let me guess here ? maybe a echo board taped up (they don't always need to be mounted to the chassies nor do they need a fancy mojo piece of heat shrink either) with electrical tape ? or a cap/resistor mod /a clipped diode / a added diode for a NPC mod ! Big freak'in deal !!! IM talking about bad mouthing others for what they do for a better gain for ones self here (patting ones self on the back type crap) ....You can defend anyone you feel the need to defend,pump up anyone you feel the need to pump up...if laying judgement upon others for what they do or don't do in this basically illegal business is your thing ? so be it !! I would only like to think that it would be to ones advantage to do what they do , humble themselves and keep there My ways or the Highways mouths shut !! What goes around comes around. .....Wow !! I honestly never thought I would say this ...but maybe those CB Retards / CBR guys are more right then wrong in there own kinds of way now that I think about it ? If one is pleased with what one has weather or not it's to somebody else's standards .....who gives a ratts a$$ !! ?? I'll tell you who !! ...guys who like to make black lists thinking there doing others favors, in reality thinking there helping themselves.You point the finger at somebody else ? you got three more of them pointing right back at yourself.....you think IM kidding here ? ......try it and see. Peace

I applaud the time and effort put into such a page, the only thing that would make me a concerned that the fact that it is made up by a cb repair shop. And 9 times out of 10 a tech is gonna look down at the last person that touched the radio....
not always...but often.
Looking at the pics of the radios on the page, its easy to think that the radio was botched by the last person to touch it....
Of course that is also assuming the radio was brought in bone stock....can that be proven?

hmm
food for thought

the information in the list isn't provided by one tech in one shop, but by several techs and the overseeing management in multiple shops around the country, as can easily be seen by anyone who can read the material. it's no longer a wonderment, most don't even understand why the shops are listed in the first place. why should they pay any more attention to any other part of the page.

just like those who don't read the material and come away thinking that this blacklist somehow points you in the direction of one particular shop. read it again, particularly the listings beginning with the words, "not to be confused with"........(no less than 8 times does that appear) so in actuality, to the discerning reader, it points the way to many other shops where reputable service can be had, if anything at the exclusion of the host shop, at least until the whitelist is linked to, where you'll find other shops listed as well.

you know aztech, we're really getting tired of your ********. you've never seen any work from this shop because we don't engage in modifications. no amc/alc disabling, no extra relays and talkback circuits, no mod kits, no npc, no ppe, no volting, no dual-diode mods and so on and so forth. we spend literally 100% of our time returning every radio that comes in here to oem specifications and then perform the job the way it should have been in the first place, while remaining totally aware as to what requirements must be met to satisfy the warrantee provisions of the many manufacturers, anything almost anyone would already know if they'd been paying attention for any length of time and something that all of our customers are already fully aware of. there are several pictures of the shop on the website (oh that's right, i forgot, your isp on extremezone has been completely blocked from the domain) and there's plenty of test equipment there, as anyone can see for themselves. actually since this picture was taken we gave accumulated 2 spec analyzers and wavenode rf power measurement software which has replaced almost all of the mechanical rf wattmeters. you haven't even seen the blacklist or the website from extremezone since feb 2004 when you were soliciting people in some forums to send you a copy of the list.

your ******** is specious. it appears deceptively attractive to the trolls and pot stirrers in the forum and while having the ring of truth or plausibility is actually 100% fallacious. furthermore, the shop that you have never been inside is not the size of a bathroom but actually consists of 3 separate rooms and plenty of space. we don't need any manuals littering the place because we reference cbtricks and the Members Portal via the internet which in combination with each other provide almost 3 - 4 GigaBytes of schematics, board layouts, owner and field service manuals and all the troubleshooting information any technician at any shop would ever need.

now, go do whatever it is you do when you're not in here talking out of your ********.

(edited by Peddler for content)

Freecell...one more outburst like the above post of which I'm going to edit and I will appeal to Mole for you to be banned. Everyone has an opinion about work done and you are not the supreme commander in such matters and I don't care how much you think of yourself or how little you think of others.

Settle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.