• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Board swap...2950/2990

Crasher

Apr 25, 2012
Norwalk, OH
I needed to replace the board in my 2990. Found a good working 2950 board (CPU was junk). Everything works as should after figuring out the jumpers and such. However, what is needed to be done to convert this down to one final transistor? I was looking at the old board and trying to figure out the rf section. The radio will TX, VCO is outputting, however no carrier. There is no TX voltage on the finals, however RX voltage is there (AM and SSB). Thanks for the help!

Sooo...lemme get this straight,
The radio's TX indicator shows transmit, but it has no output after you modified it for just one final?

Guess I would restore the parts you took out of the output section and start over.

No, I have not touched any finals. But you are correct, TX indicator shows transmit, VCO switches, but no voltage change on pre-driver or driver final.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.