• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Book Questions

K

KWRP

I have to do a senior project and so I am doing the installation of a two-way radio but I need 5 resouces. Do you know of any good books for mobile installations? Thanks

KC0LOD

KWRP from sticks of northeast nebraska

</p>

KWRP,

You know, after thinking about it, I don't think I've

ever seen 5 books about installing mobile radios.

I can't tell you the name, but I do know that the

ARRL has at least one book about 'mobiling', and

you might do a search with Motorola, they ought

to have 'tech.notes' about installations.

I think you could also cite the pertinent sections of

the ARRL 'Handbook', 'William Orr's Handbook, and

for that matter, you can cite information from this

and other 'forums' about radios and installations.

Good luck with it...

- 'Doc

</p>

Thanks Doc, I can use Internet for one of the five. Also I get to use a Interview as one so I need 3 hopefully, I tried to look at ARRL and I am not a member so I didn't get to far but I will talk to a ham in my town. Thanks for the help.

KC0LOD

</p>

Check with some auto dealers. I know they issue bulletins on installing 2-way radios in their vehicles that may be considered a book?

Next find out who installs and fixes radios for your local fire dept. police, taxi cabs and so on. In my experience they have been small shops acting as reps for Motorola or another major manufacture. If you find them in a good mood and they don’t think you’re try to steal business from them they should have plenty of manuals. It all depends on what kind of mood they are in.

</p>

The ham radio guy I will talk to, does all the rescue units work. I know of one local place in West Point, that installs business radio so will ask them. Thanks everyone for the idea.

KC0LOD

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.