• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Botswana ll meter today.

Good stuff. I remember my first contact with Botswana. It was on 11m and the fellow was deep in the Kalahari operating static mobile. He was a geologist working for "an unnamed Belgian diamond company". I got a really nice QSL card from him showing his Landrover with what looked like a tank whip on it. VERY heavy duty. He was running 100 watts at the time. Don't remember the call sign but it was an AT call and his name was Gerald. He went by The Mopani Fly on AM. Boy that was a while ago too.

Good stuff. I remember my first contact with Botswana. It was on 11m and the fellow was deep in the Kalahari operating static mobile. He was a geologist working for "an unnamed Belgian diamond company". I got a really nice QSL card from him showing his Landrover with what looked like a tank whip on it. VERY heavy duty. He was running 100 watts at the time. Don't remember the call sign but it was an AT call and his name was Gerald. He went by The Mopani Fly on AM. Boy that was a while ago too.

Ha....I guess that would of been awhile ago...

Ha....I guess that would of been awhile ago...

Oh yeah.......I haven't been active on 11m for 25 years or so. LOL Sometimes when i read some of your posts about a new country etc it brings back fond memories of special contacts like the one mentioned here. Thanks for the memories. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated