• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

broken heatsink fin

tvrc18

May 1, 2011
Anybody ever try to epoxy a heatsink fin back together? I had a bent one and tried to straighten it like an idiot and it snapped off. They make some bad ass epoxy these days may try it.

Anybody ever try to epoxy a heatsink fin back together? I had a bent one and tried to straighten it like an idiot and it snapped off. They make some bad ass epoxy these days may try it.

The problem is whether heat will transfer across the epoxy to the broken heat sink properly. No question epoxy will hold it together.

there is some stuff at your local autoparts, the name slips my brain but it has metal filings in it and should transfer heat across the break.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated