• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Browning BR-28 & BR-78

Boll Weevil

Mar 2, 2014
SW PA
I'm considering buying one of these since they are relatively inexpensive and I'm always looking to try something different if for no other reason than "for the heck of it". I did the search on here and other forums and found mixed, but mostly positive, reviews. I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with either one of these antennas since most of what I read was from 5-6 years ago.

Also, the difference between the 2 is that one has a round coil and the other a flat coil. Is there a noticeable difference in performance of one type compared to the other or is it a matter of preference? Thanks.

I'm considering buying one of these since they are relatively inexpensive and I'm always looking to try something different if for no other reason than "for the heck of it". I did the search on here and other forums and found mixed, but mostly positive, reviews. I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with either one of these antennas since most of what I read was from 5-6 years ago.

Also, the difference between the 2 is that one has a round coil and the other a flat coil. Is there a noticeable difference in performance of one type compared to the other or is it a matter of preference? Thanks.
Sounds like a $20 antenna maybe $21.

Another old thread but, here goes.
I have the

Browning BR-28 High-Performance Broad Band 63- Inch CB Antenna ROUND coil and for what it is, it's an excellent antenna. Talks and hears great and very low SWR. I'll check it out better once I get my Rig Expert.​

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.