• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Browning Mark 4A, more parts become unobtainium.

nomadradio

Analog Retentive
Apr 3, 2005
Louisville, KY
www.nomadradio.com
So here is yet another Browning replacement part that is no longer available off the shelf. The five 455 kHz IF transformers for the Browning Mark 4/4A receiver are not terribly prone to fail, but once every year or so we see one that's gone bad or been mistreated enough to damage it.

And now they are unobtainium.

Barkett finally ran out of the individual B8584 part, but he still has a few of the complete circuit board where it resides in the radio.

F4FUHf.jpg

It costs about 200 bucks with shipping, but that makes each IF transformer 40 bucks. A bit rich, but better than trying to build your own. Seems to me the price of the individual part was close to this before they sold out. Forever.

VzgtRs.jpg

Not much chance we would ever use the whole circuit board as a replacement. Any receiver in shape that bad would get totaled as a basket case, anyway.

Won't shed a tear when the first one gets pulled from this board.

And no, I won't sell you one. If you don't want to buy all five from Barkett that's not my problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.