• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Building a small dipole for my new apartment

roadrage

My wife and I split up and I decided to let her buy me out of the house. My .64 wave ground plane and my new/used 50' tower are going to have to wait a bit til I buy another house. For now I got a 2 story town house. There is a back porch with a metal roof that I threw a K30 on to get me on the air. But it just don't work well at all. It needs to be above the main roof.
I just replaced my old Archer 4' fiberglass whips with some new Everhardt TSM 4' antennas. And I bought some new mirror mounts for them too. So what to do with my old whips but make a dipole for my apartment. I took the old mirror mounts and bolted them together. The antenna risers facing the opposite direction from each other. I unscrewed one riser and removed the non conductive washer, then reinstalled the riser. I screwed in both my old whips and now have a dipole. I am waiting for a 90 deg connector for the feed and its ready. I will get some PVC to use as a mast. I have to figure out a way of making a tripod with a mag mount in the center. That way no mounting holes and the land lord is happy. Then Ill see if I can get my Madison talking some skip.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.