• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bulletproof Amplifiers

9C1Driver

Aug 13, 2008
Looking for a schematic for any of these amplifiers. I think they made three 2 pill versions, 1446 finals, 2290 finals, and one with 2879's. Thanks.

There is no such thing. I had a perfectly setup kl500 and the person that borrowed killed on the first key up. Quiescent currents set perfectly for each transistor and all transistors were gain marched perfectly. 75 watt driver signal blew the crap out of $200.00 worth of transistors.

20200229_224403.jpg
I've got a Bullet Proof amplifier! Okay it may not be the bullet proof y'all are implying but I think it's a cool little amp.:D

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
That's the amp I have right there.
I got this about 4years ago from a CB tech/ Barber in Red Oak Oklahoma. He add several this one is a Bullet Proof 250, I know he had a 350 I was going to buy but he unexpectedly passed away and I couldn't get it. His wife shut down his barber/ CB shop and I'm not sure what happened to all his inventory.

View attachment 34784 I've got a Bullet Proof amplifier! Okay it may not be the bullet proof y'all are implying but I think it's a cool little amp.:D

I've heard of these, never saw one - even under glass counters - Rare Find indeed...

I didn't want to get flamed to speak the obvious but - it was a Brand - not a condition...;)

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?