• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bumpin up to a 1k

I think I'd recheck that plate voltage again. "just under 450" is kind'a high when under load! Something closer to 2800v is much more like it (just under 300 on the Ip scale with the meter in HV).
- 'Doc

(BTW, Ip X Vp = output power. That's not Pep.)

You asked for plate voltage, the 450 is the tube plate voltage, Grid Voltage is around 150. Static the HV is 3100 and under load its 2800 to 2900 on 220v .

Hope that clears it up. I'm still new to all these readings so if I gave an incorrect value please let me know.

Craig

I think I'd recheck that plate voltage again. "just under 450" is kind'a high when under load! Something closer to 2800v is much more like it (just under 300 on the Ip scale with the meter in HV).
- 'Doc

(BTW, Ip X Vp = output power. That's not Pep.)

BTW, IpxVp = INPUT power. Multiply that by about .6 and you get OUTPUT power :)

The 450 is the MILLIAMPS. He's pulling about 1400 watts of input to get a grand of output. It's running just about right.

He just doesn't understand the difference between milliamps and volts.

--Toll_Free

BTW, IpxVp = INPUT power. Multiply that by about .6 and you get OUTPUT power :)

The 450 is the MILLIAMPS. He's pulling about 1400 watts of input to get a grand of output. It's running just about right.

He just doesn't understand the difference between milliamps and volts.

--Toll_Free

I understand the difference, I just cant remember whats what ! But I am glad to know that its operating right in the ball park of where it should be.

The best thing about this post is you guys are making me get smart !!

So,

HV is the Plate Supply and is equal to the DC Voltage applied to the PA Tube. Which is a bit higher on 220v than on 110v ..

Ip is the Plate Current in mA which mine has been running around 450mA for 1K of output PEP

Ig is the Grid Current in mA and its been around 150 mA at 1K output PEP.

So if nothing else I am learning what is what and how it all works together.

YES!!!!

I apologize if I came across as an ass, but.... :) Guess I am :) lol.

Yup, you are learning the ins and outs of your amplifier. You can also download the manual from Ameritron if you didn't get one with the purchase.

--Toll_Free

I did get one, I should probably open it and do some reading :laugh:

I did get one, I should probably open it and do some reading :laugh:

reedin nevr tot me nuttin
fryingpan.gif

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.