• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Burying coax cable

The Howler

Apr 22, 2020
I’ve been running overhead coax RG312 cable from my shop to where I have my Antenna mounted on my shed, 20’ away. To try to quiet my receive down from a noisy city environment, I started digging through the garden and found some abandoned 2” PCV irrigation pipe that I can feed through for alot of the distance.
Since I may run a different antenna with a rotor some day, would it be a good idea to run some rotor wire through the same conduit, or would that voltage possibly add noise to the receive? I will be running Times microwave LMR-400 Direct Bury cable for this instal.
Thanks for any feedback.

Reactions: secret squirrel

As long as the shielding is intact on your coax, the rotor wire should not add noise through the same PVC pipe. I have a similar set up you described. The antenna is on my shed. I buried 2 inch PVC pipe and just run RG213 through it. There is a lot of room in the pipe to add other runs as I add other antennas. I was in a recording studio one time, in a DJs home, and 4 inch PVC pipe was how they ran cables from the control room to the studio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.