• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Calibration procedure for Aries 460 Digital Meter

aries

i have been looking for one of those for my wifes mobile pacific radio sales sells something simulare but the are rated to 1kw and are 150.00

Yes they are nice meters to have, especially for a radio repair man.
The 460 that I had would show my 2950dx doing 52 watts and my 2970dx doing 310. So guess what....down the road it went for 30 bucks.
-------------
DXman

their suppose to auto calibrate? if so then mine doesn't work seems like the swr are way off power is pretty close on dead key. all it really seems to be is eye candy.

Thats interesting! Is aries still in buisness anymore? If they are they should make theese things still and they should be able to answer questions you may have about the meter.

Look inside...I think there are 3 pots, one for power and one for SWR, maybe for different ranges on them.

These meters need to be RF grounded to work properly (i.e. the supply ground needs to be RF grounded as well).

Any piece of measuring equipment is only as accurate as its calibration. I have found the Aries A-SWR 460 meter to function well within its specifications (+/- 5%--same as a Bird), when properly used. You also need to understand how your SWR affects a power measurement.

Now, the difference between accuracy and precision and which to think is more important?

The Aries is a fairly precise meter. Once you calibrate it to an accurate standard, it should read fairly accurately for a long time.

cbworldinformer.com/200107/aries_swr460_review.htm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.