1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Can eBay legally charge 12.5% on shipping and taxes?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Gear SwapShop' started by Low_Boy, Jun 8, 2021.

1. lonestarbandit

lonestarbandit 4-2-9 Central TX

I loved eBay back in the day it was like an awsome flea market 90% sellers were provate people. Thats mostly over now. Just compainies masquerading as mom and pop and while a few good deals exist honesty mostly does not and I would never sell there at this stage.

SIX-SHOOTER likes this.

2. lonestarbandit

lonestarbandit 4-2-9 Central TX

Well I mangled the English language there but no edit function available so I'll get to look like an idiot lol. Gotta love phone typing.

3. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Sr. Member

I know PLENTY of Honest People who are sellers in the world so I 100% Disagree with your statement.There are plenty of bottom feeders but plenty of Honest people as well.

SIX-SHOOTER

144inBama and Eldorado828 like this.
  4. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Sr. Member

I was a Seller there for many years but now it's a total SCAM between them & PayPal.I would never consider selling there again.I buy a few items there but very few.

SIX-SHOOTER

5. sunbulls

sunbulls Sr. Member

I learned ages ago that private business that handled UPS packages can charge whatever shipping they want. In this small town we had at least four of them that charged different shipping rates. Fortunately competition kept their prices reasonable. Word gets around fast in these small towns. Thing is, Ebay has little competition to worry about nowadays.

Low_Boy likes this.
  6. wildchild455

wildchild455 Active Member

I only buy new stuff from Ebay (like mic connectors mic cords wired LEDs and sometimes crimp PL259 connectors). 99.9% of the things I buy has "Free Shipping" so I havent had the problem with shipping costing more than the item purchased. Still dont trust them after the huge problem I had when my mother passed back in 2008 took until 2015 for them, to fix problem and cost them a big chunk of change they had to pay the estate (My Mother Had The Account Not Me So Her Agreement With Ebay And Paypal When She Drew Her Last Breath Was As Worthless As Used Toilet Paper) And I have a friend to purchase what I need through his account.

S&W357 likes this.
  7. Crawdad

Crawdad Down in the mud invasive species

I seem to remember surviving life before Fleabay. We even talked on radios. Reckon we'll get by without it......

S&W357 likes this.
  8. S&W357

S&W357 $upporting Member N.C. WDX-556

Life Before EBay….yes, I remember those times

Crawdad likes this.
  9. kc8mob

kc8mob Active Member

Man you are so right. Better to get someone farther along or into the hobby to begin with then to do battle with the soulless chomchompskies