• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can I ask a personal question?

Bowl? Who operates the bowl? Thats a whole topic on its own. Are you talking football, toilet, or smokin? You have to narrow it down.. As far as condions I dont create my own conditions. When I have to operate the bowl it has to be done fast!! Or there will be some serious ramifications.. Cleaning up if you don't make it to the bowl in time is not a fun job...

Fdtrucker said:
Bowl? Who operates the bowl? Thats a whole topic on its own. Are you talking football, toilet, or smokin? You have to narrow it down.. As far as condions I dont create my own conditions. When I have to operate the bowl it has to be done fast!! Or there will be some serious ramifications.. Cleaning up if you don't make it to the bowl in time is not a fun job...
Ow hec yeah those guys bleed the crap out of everything near them I would imagine so they stay keyed to lang and they get busted!

you think the bowl bleeds now Cheech ? ....back in the 80s it was 10 channels both ways dude and you could be an easy 20 miles away from the operators !!! Pomona Cal. use to glow at night from all the RF via the bowl .....not anymore in these parts ...cb radio has faded off big time over the last 15 years or so in So.Cal .....many shops have closed or gone belly up in this time frame.....After 20 years on the radio I would think that qualifies me to say cb is a dying breed in my area .....and So.Cal is a big place !! .....3 shops by the truck stops ,2 around the corners from each other and one about 5 miles down the road from them .....I would guess to say that if it wasn't for the truckers and mail order (internet) and such ...life wouldn't be so easy for them folks either......they would more then likely denie it .....but that's not the way IM hearing it . I hear cb still does well back east though .....but one things for sure .....when skip is rolling .....I hear them coming out of the wood work !!

Switch Kit its prety well dying out back in in the BuckEye as well as far as the good Techs . You find one here and there at truckstops but nothing like there used to be back in the goood old days.

I kind of associate CB radio with Disco .....it was the late 70s and both were at the top of there games ....I think disco faded a little quicker ......but CB radio has been more so a slower passing ...it hangs in there like a dying alcoholic from his disease ....OH ! it was surely top shelf Americana for a few good years there , CW.McCall /Breaker Breaker?/White Line Fever/BJ and the Bear/ Lobo/ The Duke Boys / The Bandit / Walking Tall / the list goes on. Why the dying breed ? Hmmm ? better communacations ? Cell Phones ? FCC ? Well then Ron ...at least we are still getting some kind of satisfaction out of our hobbies after all these years. CB LIVES !!

I used to try and talk on the bowl

But nobody would talk to me, at least not the well known players on there. Oh I am sure they heard me. I used to drive out to a high rise parking lot on the top floor and get set up with my long nose and a 32 pill and aim my beam system where the guy was located that I was trying to talk to and then hammer away. I did this several times and to no avail. I finally gave up. I figured what the hell. I was out there doing this silly stuff, and I could be doing something more important. I know the good buddies heard me but because of politics or the fact that they didn't know me, they wouldn't come back to me. So as of this moment I am a channel 6 moniter when skip is rolling , at least part of the time. But , this too shall pass perhaps. I have my eye on a nice spread in the hill country and I may be de-assing Houston soon. There I intend to get a hundred foot jack up tower and a Jo Gunn 8 star and perhap a one tube 3000a7 rig and do some talking to all the bros on channel 6. Then they shall know the truth and da trut will set dem free. Or I could be dreaming. Time is so short for this country now, I don't know if this is going to happen or not.

Bubblepuppy, a foreigner in a land of my birth and proud of it.

Well there's still a few local yocals around town here that talk to every now and then ,if there around ? other then that ....50 miles aways or so you have some yahoos 6000 ft up that talk to the coast 100 miles down the road and all the ghosts in my receive around them ...with 400 watts driving in the hood ...it has to be pretty darn quite out there for me to make the trip if I can get in edge wize ? ....I figure it this way ...if I can't do it with what I have now and after 20 years of this $hit in my motor car .....IM just not going to sweat the small stuff ....meaning me in this situation. And to be perfectly honest with you ....IM really not missing much of anything that really has any meaning to it anyway from what my ear hole is relaying to me. I just don't find it nessasary to go to the store and buy some more to simply be ignored or to make a fool out of myself......well .......I sure don't need a big station to do that anyways. (-:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.