• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can I stack these like this!

Radiomatrix

May 19, 2023
Northern Virginia
I have finally had it with the leftover Buryflex coax as jumpers….what a PITA.
I am making some custom length jumpers with 90 degree pl259 connectors.

Can I stack these like this? I have never felt the amp even get warm.

IMG_6992.jpeg

It's not ideal, but I don't think it would hurt anything. Any particular reason you want to stack them?
Save space. Economy of motion. Everything is right there. Could be misery memory from using stiff buryflex as jumpers, bored nothing better to do for a few weeks. Is the antenna function for field strength useful for anything? When would it change or be different from swr?

The field strength is for measuring the strength of the signal radiated from your antenna. So you can take it out into the yard, have someone key the radio. Then look at the signal strength in each direction from your antenna to see if any obstructions like the house, power lines, trees affect the signal. Some people drive around in their car and plot the readings on a map. Presumably to quantify any improvements they are making, but I have never felt the need.

The field strength is for measuring the strength of the signal radiated from your antenna. So you can take it out into the yard, have someone key the radio. Then look at the signal strength in each direction from your antenna to see if any obstructions like the house, power lines, trees affect the signal. Some people drive around in their car and plot the readings on a map. Presumably to quantify any improvements they are making, but I have never felt the need.
you mean sans coax?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.