• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can someone please explain what the heck is going on here??? LOL

I saw a teddy r basically new in the box and the guy said he bought it new and never used it and took it out to see how it worked and would not power up other than the lights would come on. it sold for 175.00 plus 25.00 to ship it. it was only on a few hours and sold with buy it now. a total of 200.00 for a non working teddy R.

Nostalgia, buyers frenzy or bid manipulation :eek:.
That said, I like the President line of Cb and exports.

But for over 100$ I would hope to get a guarantee that it works properly.
The first one barely has any screws holding the tins on, something tells me it's been out-of-service or has seen the magic golden screwdriver before!
Yeah the second listing "unit does not power on"... over 20 bids (Now over $100) haha :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I never pay more than $20 for a non-working SSB radio.
Period.

If those that buy these radio know that they will have to recap and align these radios if they intend to use them daily, they would be offering a lot less for them. At least half as much or less - IMO . . .

Wow I have an original Grant (non DX) sitting on the shelf that i haven't powered up in a few years. It's interesting to see what people are willing to bid for the old radios.

Ebay Stupidity is the word for it

I wouldn't call it "stupidity."

The reason old radios (especially Uniden-made models) are sought after and often go for high prices is their value in replacement parts. These old Uniden rigs were great performers, and are light-years better than the crap being sold today. Many parts for these oldtimers are NLA, so getting a "donor" radio to fix another one is sometimes the only answer. There are a lot of lesser known brands that used Uniden chassis. I bought 3 working Gemtronics GTX-2325 sets (Uniden-made) off Ebay for a total of $55 just to get the 2SC1306 and 2SC1307 driver and final out of them. I took a $70 non-working Cobra 139XLR, replaced the driver and final, recapped, and realigned. Sold it on Ebay for $300.00. Had about $95 invested. Sometimes I'll grab a radio just to get a good clean faceplate or knob set. Stupid ??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated