• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can you please help me with amp input/output question?

Bushmaster

Jun 7, 2006
Hi...
I've tried to get some help with this, but no luck so far. So, I thought I'd see if someone on THIS forum can help me out here.

I have a Cobra XL-450 (an awesome little amp, by the way!), and I was wondering if the two variable capacitors inside it are for the input/output tuning adjustment.

I am providing a link for you to look at a good photograph of the inside, so that you can take a look for yourself:

cbworldinformer.com/200112/cobra_xl450.htm

Now, if these caps are for adjusting input/output, could you please tell me (from the picture) which is which?

Also, what is the right way to go about adjusting the input cap, and what is the best way to adjust the output cap.

Please be as detailed as possible.

If you don't know the answers, or are just guessing, please do not respond. On the other hand, if you definitely do know what you are talking about... Please DO respond!
Thank you kindly.

Yup...

I'm just trying to avoid speculation, arguing, and the armchair technition syndrome.

I'm looking for facts, not guesswork.

At any rate, I have since found out that the variables in the amp are not capacitors at all, but potentiometers instead. I am carrying out this discussion in the solid State Amp forum now, instead of here.

Moderators, feel free to delete this thread.

Gracias.

The only two adjustments I could see in those photos are the POT's for transistor base bias adjustment. I see no variable caps at all, only fixed values. As for the adjustments, you basically adjust them for the factory specified collector current with no base drive present (other than the bias, of course).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.